A caustic yet humorous, sarcastic yet awesome, satirical yet special look into the mind of Tucker

A caustic yet humorous, sarcastic yet awesome, satirical yet ... special look into the mind of Tucker

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I succumbed...

I've ragged on my mother for 2 years about her blogging obsession. She blogs like a crazy 5-6 times a week, and she exerts a lot of effort in creating and following blogs. I mocked. I mercilessly mocked as she spent time on the computer revealing her deepest inner soul to the internet where any layabout could read it. "What the devil?" I thought... Why would you want that? What is the APPEAL? Being a man who is interested in biology I was trying to find the evolutionary advantage that would add to fitness, but I couldn't find it. I continued to make witty comments and mock my blog-obsessed mother. I left home, I went to college, I read my mom's blog to keep up with what happens at home, and that's all. Soon I started reading other family blogs in secret and the addiction grew.  Lots of my friends have blogs. I read them.

Surreptitiously.

I was in denial.

So today, oddly enough, I felt the urge to divulge my guts onto the internet.

I texted my mother a very serious message that read "Mom, I'm starting to get tempted, and I need to confess my temptations before I give in"

The reply read "What?" (I can just picture my mom freakin out. She's holding the baby, gets this text and the look on her face would be so awesome...)

Seconds later, before I can respond, "Wanna call me? Or someone else?"

Quickly I used my youth-born quicktexting skills. "I am tempted to start a blog, but I will not succumb!"

The response came with another very clear mental image... "Is it motherly to hate your son's guts, just temporarily?"

And so my blogging life was born. Apparently mom is not the person to tell about your temptations. She only encourages them.

14 comments:

  1. Let me give you a clearer mental image--cart full of crap, checking out at Target with two busy kids spilling popcorn all over the floor. That's what I was doing when the text came.
    And you're forgiven.
    For now.
    Welcome to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your title rocks. Excellent start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to know that I WILL NOT read your blog (after this post of course)! At least not for a while. After mocking the blog world mercilessly, you have the nerve to start a blog. Wow, tucker, wow.
    Don't worry, I'm sure I will forgive you eventually.
    Good luck blogging.
    It really is fun.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You turd. After all the crap you gave me, too. And your mother. And Lauren. And anyone else who has a blog. Can you say "hypocrite"? :) I'm trying to decide whether to be annoyed or happy. :) So are you a crazy now too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Karli. You're a turd. But I still love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the fact you can freak out your mom from so far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha! I do miss seeing and hearing more of you, so I will check up on you here! You just crack me up :)

    P.S. Great title and it does look very manly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, your mom has raised you well. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tuck tiddly tuck tuck, WELCOME to the world of blogging! Watch out, it'll suck you in.

    I for one am pleased as punch you started one. I miss my Tucker time. And your title....GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is why I adore your mother more than anyone else on the Internet. If you're anything like her, you'll have lots of crazy readers like me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say, "Hooray!" Now I will have another family member whose life I can follow more closely. Looking forward it. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mom is awesome. And I love the title of your blog. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cracked up at the text exchange with your mom. That's exactly how my sons love to tease me. Mercilessly.

    I think I'm going to enjoy your blog. And since I didn't know you in your blog-mocking days, I won't even have to hold a grudge.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete